Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Our little girl has arrived!





































Ella Grace was born Friday February 25th at 7:21pm weighing 6lbs 1 oz in the midst of a snowstorm!!! She was one week early. I had my 39 week appointment and was in the doctors office when they told me I was dialated to a 4 with contractions close together (though I could not feel them), and that I had better go to the hospital. I was so nervous as this took me by suprise! My dad drove me to the hospital because James was at work at the time. I called James to tell him the news. He was so excited and such a trooper! The roads were terrible by the time he got off work and he had to shovel his way to our apartment to get us what we needed for our hospital stay. He finally made it to the hospital around 12:30pm. I was admitted into the hospital around 11:30, my MD broke my water around 2pm and then the looong wait (or what seemed like forever). Mom and dad had arrived in the afternoon and were a great support to us. As time went on my contractions grew stronger, though tolerable ,and I was able to get up and walk around to progress my labor throughout the afternoon. At 5pm I was getting tired and the contractions were begining to get real hard despite our efforts to focus on breathing techniques. The nurse asked if I was ready for an epidural or other pain medication. I decided for the epidural which was administrered around 6pm. My doctor checked me at 6:40pm and said "You're at a 9 1/2...Let's have his baby!" James and I looked at one another and were so excited. I pushed for about 45 minutes and our little bundle of joy had finally arrived. We were overjoyed with emotion and are so grateful to be parents of such a sweet little girl. The doctors were wonderful and we truely feel blessed at this time in our lives.

7 comments:

Kristin Morris said...

Congrats you guys! She is so cute! I'm glad to hear the delivery went so smoothly! I love the name :) and Kirst- you look so good right after having a baby! Give Ella some loves from us!

Ashley and Aaron said...

Kirst-she is SO cute and I think her little face looks like James. I'm so happy for you guys. You make a perfect little family. Can't wait to meet Ells! Love you all

Erich and Tanis said...

Congratulations you guys! She is just a beautiful, perfect little baby! We are so happy for you - parenthood is the greatest adventure! Love the name too, so pretty!

Rachel Carter said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats!!

MaRea Hess said...

Congratulations!!! Having a newborn is the most wonderful thing. You will LOVE, LOVE motherhood. I love the name you picked too. Enjoy:)!! You look amazing after just having a baby. What I would do for all you your natural beauty!

Familia Bethers said...

Congratulations James & Kirsten! Ella Grace is a lucky little girl to have you two as parents. We're so thankful she arrived safely and is a healthy little girl! We're looking forward to your updates and to meeting her soon! Lots of love - Your CO Bethers'

Susie said...

Kirsten - we're here at work and just happened to look at your blog and see a new, sweet baby! Congratulations. She's looks so cute. We're happy for you. We'll check back for more pictures . . .