Friday, March 18, 2011

Life as a mom






Uncle Ethan and Stefan made a suprise visit to visit!

Ah the joys of no sleep...

Little "Ell" as James calls her

Ella is three weeks old today and doing great. I would not trade my new job as a mom for anything (despite its ups and downs). I never thought I would love this new life so much. Ella and I were doing great with feedings until mom got an infection and things started to spiral down. We are plugging away and doing the best we can until I recover fully. As for our little girl. She weighs 6 lbs and 10 oz and the doctor says she is perfectally healthy. She has a lot of strength for a newborn her doctor says and we can definately see this. There have been several occassions when she almost rolled over on her own! Scary how fast the time goes. I feel like she is already growing up too fast. She has been doing great with sleeping lately and infact we think she enjoys her bed a little too much. If we don't wake her to eat she could go probably the entire night. We love watching her many emotions when she is in a sound sleep. Our favorite is watching her smile. Ella enjoys when we talk to her. She will stop crying or doing whatever newborns do best when we whisper in her ear. She is so sweet. We love you sweet girl!














5 comments:

Ashley Hancock said...

Your right, there are ups and downs, but mostly ups! I'm sure you are doing great at being a new mommy. I had three infections with Noah! It is tough, but hang in there.

Olivia Jewell said...

Congrats Kirst and James. She is honestly beautiful...but that's to be expected from such a beautiful mommy. I'm so happy for you guys. Next time we plan a trip up north, I'll have to make sure Eric adds a leg to come and visit and meet baby Ella. I'm excited to hear how things continue to go.
And Kirsten, there will be people who disagree with me, but I always let both my babies sleep rather than waking them to eat, they always let me know when they need it. :) Ella grew at a normal pace, and Ryan's a super chunk, so I really don't think it hindered their growth at all. You can take that advice or leave it, but I thought I'd try to help you get some extra sleep, because I know how valuable it is at this point. ;)

Melissa said...

She is so cute! Pictures are terrific. Glad that Stef and Eth got a chance to visit. The picture of the two boys with James and Ella is my favorite. Hope you're feeling better in a jiffy! Love you all! Missy

ashlee thompson said...

She is absolutely adorable. Looking at those pictures just made me realize my baby in not a baby anymore. Cherish every moment because you blink and the next minute she'll be walking and telling you no to everything you ask her. I am so happy all went well with the delivery and you are both happy and healthy. I am so happy for you guys.

Adam & Kenzie said...

Congrats guys she's a doll! Can't believe we had them on the same day!! Where did you get your sleep positioner? It looks like a really nice one. I have one my sister used but I would love another one and I can't find them anywhere?! If you get a second I would love to know! My email is kenziejohnson44@gmail.com! And we'd love some new pics of her. She's gorgeous!