Thursday, April 30, 2009

A day at the MTC






Well...it's official. Ethan entered the MTC yesterday at 1:00pm. He will be there for 3 weeks until he leaves to enter his mission field in Kennewick, Washington. We had a wonderful day together. Although, rushed, everything went wonderful. James and I were able to drive down and be with him as well as a special visit from Brother Field. We had a spiritual day together and it was wonderful to see Eth go. He seemed a little nervous and said he'd miss home, but he knows it's the right thing for him at this time in his life. He was happy and that made us happy to see him go. We love him and are so proud of him. Enjoy some of our pictures!



3 comments:

Missy said...

The MTC killed me, I couldn't wear eye liner for a week! It's so funny how something SO good is SO hard! I'm sure he'll be a wonderful missionary, good luck to him!

Rachel Carter said...

That is so wonderful. Your mom seemed so excited when I was talking to her about both of her sons on missions at the same time. It was so good to see you the other day. We made it home safetly even though it was snowing ! The roads were perfect. I hope we can get together again soon.

Olivia Jewell said...

Yay! That's awesome, I'm so happy for Ethan and for your whole family. I know that you'll all be so blessed while he's serving. And congrats to Stephan too.
PS I'll be in Logan starting Memorial Day weekend. My fam doesn't know yet that I'm coming so keep it on the dl if you happen to run into them. But Ella and I will be there for a week and a half. I'd love to see you if you have a chance.